We are looking for a PROGRAM OFFICER for Public Service Act Amendment Advocacy
Public Service Act Amendments Advocacy
The few players in the market has led to Filipino consumers experiencing high prices and poor services in essential public utilities. This is due to the ambiguity of the laws and policies governing public utilities including the Constitution, the Public Service Act, other sector-specific laws, rules and regulations, as well as Supreme Court decisions. The advocacy aims to identify and pursue potential avenues to increase competition and investment in public utilities, ensuring that the concerns of stakeholders are towards improved quality and equitable access to public utilities among Filipinos, and to enable them
to function and compete globally.
• Provides administrative support to meetings, workshops, and briefings, including letter writing and providing logistical support, preparing and sending notices and agendas, and writing and consolidating minutes, reports, letters, and summaries, and maintaining records thereof;
• Assists in drafting letters and preparing advocacy materials for policy champions;
• Assists political mapping of both houses of Congress;
• Monitors and updates all team members and stakeholders of the project on daily news related to the advocacy and other project updates;
• Assists in coordinating all aspects of ongoing project;
• Liaises and attends congressional hearings, working groups and the like;
• Oversees database and conference management;
• Coordinates with staff members and other relevant stakeholders of the policy from both houses of congress and other government agencies;• Assists in tasks for the Foundation for Economic Freedom’s other related advocacies
• Oversees all other administrative concerns of the projects particularly those relating to finance and logistics;
• Undertakes research work to support proposed legislation; and
• Performs other tasks as required.
• Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s/College Degree in a relevant field, masteral degree is a plus but not necessary;
• At least 2 years of work experience in a related field;
• Must be willing to work full time and should easily be mobile between Pasay City and Quezon City;
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Power Point), web literate (including familiarity with online project collaboration tools)
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, must be diligent and can work with minimal supervision; and,
• Good character reference is a must.
If interested, please send a cover letter, CV/Resume and proposed salary. You may email, fax, call and/or drop by our office during business hours.