Vision, Goals, Philosophy
The Foundation envisions a free, caring and economic society that:
- Promotes equity and civic responsibility as its primary values;
- Is based on a market-oriented and sustainable economic regime;
- Values efficiency in an interdependent global economy; and
- Balances the need for economic growth with the needs of its people.
The Foundation aims to:
- Present market-oriented reforms to government decision-makers;
- Influence policy-makers in government, business, and industry to aim for inclusive growth;
- Expose economic inefficiencies to government, business and industry, and the general public to guide decision-makers in pursuing policies that will strengthen institutions; and
- Promote well-defined and secure property rights.
We believe that:
- Economics is the capstone of any democratic society without which political, civil, social, and other human rights will be rendered ineffective;
- Ensuring a secure property rights regime will result in a stable and fertile environment ripe for economic progress;
- Government has an important role in promoting, maintaining, equalizing and sustaining economic growth; and
- The Philippines has all the potential to be a vibrant economy and respected member of the community of nations.